This Sunday is a historic day at OneLife. It is our last Sunday in just one service. To be making this move in less than 7 months is nothing short of miraculous.
There are a lot of reasons OneLife has been able to reach people so quickly. And those reasons are why I love OneLife. In no certain order, here they are:
- We are a church full of people that aren’t perfect but are transparent and sincere.
- Don’t believe me? Just come walk through the parking lots and lobby one Sunday morning. You’ll see.
- OneLifers aren’t a bunch of churchy people hopping around from church to church, looking for what they selfishly want. Most OneLifers were not going to church – and some even hated church – when they decided to give it a shot.
- We have fun! During set-up, before the service, during the service, tearing down, and throughout the week. Church is fun!
- We have people who would take a bullet for the vision of reaching this community for Christ. We’re here to honor God and reach the lost. Period.
- They understand that there is no such thing as just “going to church.” If you’re just showing up somewhere on Sunday mornings, why bother?
- These are people who volunteer on Sundays, throughout the week, late at night, and early in the morning. They realize the ultimate sacrifice Jesus made on the cross. A few hours a week? It’s the least we can do!
- OneLifers LOVE inviting other people! I would guess that 90 percent of our first time guests have come because of a personal invitation.
- We have a staff of guys that I wouldn’t trade for the world. They’re young, growing in their leadership daily, abnormally fun to be around, and, well, abnormal And I love them!
- We’re reaching people of all ages and backgrounds. Young and old. Rich and poor. Single and married.
- OneLifers don’t just sacrifice time, but also their finances.
- Each week, more and more are stepping up and being obedient with their giving. 10 percent is a lot for most of us, but that sacrifice is allowing us to reach more and more people. Once again, after what Jesus sacrificed, 10 percent of our money is chump change!
- We have lots of new life – both literally and figuratively! And new things are fun
- 30 people have given their lives to Christ for new spiritual life. And on any given Sunday we’ll have upwards of 25 babies ages 2 and under. Not to mention the at least six pregnant ladies!
The reasons could go on and on and on. But the bottom line is this. God is up to something unusual around here. It’s not normal. But I am extremely thankful to be a part.
I love you, OneLife!