I’m catching up on some reading on vacation. I love a good book on the beach or perusing the blogs while my wife takes an afternoon nap. So I thought I’d share a bit of that…
- Death by Love by Mark Driscoll is a great book that explains the Gospel in some powerful, practical ways. And I get to hear every other paragraph in a book about nursing that Harrison is reading. Fascinating
- Perspective – a blog post explaining the subtle differences in what really makes a difference in people’s lives.
- Pastors & Affairs – a blog post written by Gary Lamb, a polarizing figure these days in church planting. Regardless, he makes some pretty great points about how pastors are actually MORE vulnerable to affairs than other men. He’s been on both sides of this tragedy. We need to be bathing pastors in prayer and accountability. I’m thankful for both in my life.
- Why I’m Pumped about the Future of the American Church – blog post written by Larry Osborne, a pastor I’ve grown to really respect. This post says so many things I’ve felt and thought but this actually puts them to words and uses scripture to help it make sense. This fired me up!
- Alarming Numbers Regarding Pastors – a blog with some interesting stats that explain why we value rest for our staff at OneLife. It also reminded me of why I need YOUR prayers!
- Balance and Rest in Ministry – a blog that reminds people like me who could err on the side of workaholicism why rest and balance isn’t just important, it is NECESSARY!