Christmas time is here! And we celebrate it hard-core at OneLife. Here’s a glimpse of all that’s going on, starting with a huge kick-off this weekend!
- Knoxville Christmas Parade – Friday, December 3, 6:30 p.m. – The OneLife Band will be rockin’ its way down Gay Street on an unbelievable float made by OneLife Volunteers. The band will be playing an awesome version of Little Drummer Boy and promoting OneLife’s Christmas series and Christmas Eve Service. If you can’t make it downtown with the thousands to watch the parade live, watch it live on WVLT at 6:30 p.m.
- Powell Christmas Parade – Saturday, December 4, 5 p.m. – The same float will make its way down Emory Road in the heart of Powell, only this time we are allowed to have you walk with us! Come meet at Food City at 4 p.m. to line up with us and help us pass out invite cards and throw tons of candy.
- [re]gifted Christmas Series – Sundays, December 5, 12 and 19 at 10 and 11:30 – Dare to give differently this Christmas! Come learn how in this series complete with Christmas music, stories, videos and more.
- Volunteer Christmas Party – Sunday, December 5 at 6 p.m. – OneLife wouldn’t function without its volunteers so we want to say “Thanks!” and have a good time! Come for an incredible catered dinner (Fried Chicken, anyone?!), entertainment, and a Christmas gift especially for volunteers. Childcare will be provided. The party will be at Grace Baptist Church. RSVP now at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Powell Community Christmas Eve – Friday, December 24, 4 p.m. at Powell High School – Start a new tradition with your family this Christmas Eve at the Powell Community Christmas Eve Service. Candlelight, Christmas Carols, the Christmas Story and more will provide an experience for the entire family. Highlighted by a blend of both modern and traditional elements, this service will be one you won’t soon forget.
After all this celebrating, we’ll need some time off to let our volunteers and staff recuperate! So we will not have services on Sunday, December 26 to allow everyone a week to spend with family and get ready for an awesome 2011. Between now and then, do all that you can to share your faith stories and invite a friend to OneLife with you! Feel free to use this website to spread the word: www.powellchristmas.com.