In 20 months as a church, it just so happens that we’ve done 20 series of sermons. Some have been short, two-week series. Some have been longer, as long as seven weeks. We’ve covered everything from Sex, Drugs, and Rock ‘n Roll to a study of Joseph from the Old Testament. All of them have had their own unique qualities.
But none – in my opinion – have been as life-changing as the most recent one we just finished. A series called “I am Unstoppable.”
The point of this series is that every person who calls themselves a follower of Christ has been put on a mission to change the world. And it’s a mission that Jesus promised would be unstoppable. It’s one that simply won’t fail. The main weapon he chose to use is the power of a story, a story of changed lives thanks to a Savior who paid a price we could never pay for ourselves. 11 guys were left on Earth with this story and the results 2,000 years later are nothing short of amazing. Now we play a part in writing the rest of that story.
Some of the highlights of this series over the past five weeks have been:
- More than 30 people gave their lives to Jesus! They now have an incredible story to tell. They are now unstoppable!
- More people than ever are getting plugged in to the local church. Dozens of new volunteers are in line to start making a difference at OneLife and nearly 20 new people just completed the Partnership process.
- Life-change isn’t just happening on Sundays. Literally every week we heard stories of people who were in conversations throughout the week that led to them giving up control of their life to Jesus.
- This series gave us the opportunity to study several different miracles and teachings of Jesus. I had more fun than ever studying for these sermons each week and learning all that Jesus has to teach us through His Word in so many ways.
- More than ever, this series reached men. Women seem to love everything we do. To be honest, they are the “easy” demographic to reach. Reaching men, on the other hand, is HARD! But one Sunday alone I had three grown men come to me and tell me of what Jesus is doing in their lives.
- We kicked off our online giving system called “Automate the Important,” and many new families signed up to make a difference with their generosity! Check it out here: www.onelifeknox.com/give
- For number crunchers out there, this was our highest attended series, too. Attendance is up nearly 40% from this time last year.
- OneLife is beginning to reach far beyond Powell and Knoxville. This past Sunday a young couple who had been watching our services online for several months in Atlanta drove up to Knoxville just to visit a service in person, then turned around and drove back to Atlanta. Oh yeah, the wife of this couple gave her heart to Jesus on Sunday, too!
- Speaking of online services, we average nearly 100 views of the service each week online. That blows my mind.
- This series spawned an idea to leverage summer to make a huge difference in our community. An Unstoppable Summer kicks off in June and WILL be INCREDIBLE! Stay tuned for more details…
OneLifers, I’ve never been more pumped up about our church and we’ve never had this much momentum. Let’s ride it through the summer and look forward to a huge fall! The best is yet to come!