Yowsers! Never has a sermon created quite the stir that this one did…all because we took a stand on believing that what the Bible says is true and used some science to show that maybe – just maybe – science can substantiate Biblical claims.
The stir was mostly positive, people thankful for a confirmation of their faith that, by the way, is shared by 44% of Americans. In fact, only 9% of Americans believe in evolution that does not include God. The other 91% believe God played a role. So naturally most OneLifers were thankful to hear what they heard. But believe it or not, that was not the point of the message!
The point of the message was we can learn much about the Creator from the story of his creation. We learn that he can bring light out of darkness, order and life to chaos, proves his glory in the heavens, and that all creation is so the Creator can have relationship with YOU! Check it out if you missed it here.
Some of my research for this sermon can also serve as further resources for those wanting more “proof” or apologetics on the topic:
- Evidence for Creation – A few scientific reasons that evolution is not hard and fast fact.
- Evolution vs. Creation Debate – A debate from a Canadian television show that raises some interesting points in favor of Creation.
- Expelled – A MUST SEE documentary by Ben Stein that addresses the issue of how any scientist or scholar who dares to consider intelligent design or question evolution as “scientific” is immediately discarded, despite the facts of science that back up the possiblity of intelligent design. Watch all 10 parts for free on YouTube.
- The Case for a Creator – A book by Lee Strobel that is a great introduction for someone wanting some basic scientific arguments for intelligent design. He also lists more resources for the reader who wants more than an introduction.
This Sunday we move to part 3 – sin. What is it, why is it a big deal, and what do we do about it? Going to be another great one!!!