Yesterday I wrote about the simplification of our core values, what we call “The Gauge” at OneLife. Today I want to start unpacking those four, and talk about why they are so important to us.
1. We are sold out to God’s vision for OneLife.
This isn’t my church, and it isn’t my vision. God wants to do something so great that only HE can get the credit for it! But we will only allow God to do that when each and every one of us are completely and totally sold out to His vision for us! When that happens, we will:
- Aggressively defend our leadership and our unity. We trust those in spiritual authority while infighting has no place here.
- Sacrifice freely. A portion of our time will be given through volunteering and a portion of our resources will be given through tithes and offerings; both to help reach more and more people for Jesus!
2. We are on a mission to reproduce.
Jesus gave us a simple mission: reproduce! Just like all healthy organisms reproduce, healthy Christians reproduce baby Christians and healthy churches reproduce baby churches. If you are sold out to the vision, you will live every day of your life on mission to reproduce! As a church, we will do that through campus churches and planting churches. We must never stop growing and multiplying because:
- God loves people. “The Lord is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” 2 Peter 3:9
- God commands us to reach out. “Go out into the country lanes and urge anyone you find to come, so that the house will be full.” Luke 14:23
- Growth is God’s will. “Under Christ’s control the whole body is nourished and grows as God wants it to grow.” Colossians 2:19
Before we move on to numbers three and four tomorrow, you have homework! If you are a OneLifer, take some time to consider this: Are you sold out to God’s vision here? If not, please let us help you find a local church where your answer to that question will be a huge YES! And secondly, do you live everyday on a mission to reproduce and multiply? If not, you are missing out on the key command that Jesus gave. Take some time pray for boldness in sharing your story with someone, and then go share it!