Tag archive for "New Year"
- The first Sunday of 2010 got the new year kicked off in a great way for OneLife!
- It was STINKING cold outside. 14 degrees when I left my house. That’s nuts.
- The OneLife Band got us all warmed up, though, with a mostly up beat worship set.
- It was THE best our band has sounded and the most engaged our congregation has been yet. Just keeps getting better every week!
- We had lots of new faces. OneLifers keep doing a great job inviting people to come.
- Even with the cold temps and holiday weekend, we still had our second highest attendance ever at 184!
- Can’t wait to get everyone back from the holidays and to have all of our college students back for the new series starting next week.
- Today’s was a stand-alone day as we celebrated all that God has done already at OneLife and look forward to 2010.
- We learned from Jesus’ story about the Prodigal Son that we celebrate when the dead are brought back to life and the lost are found.
- So in 2010 that’s when we will party: when the dead are alive and the lost are found!
- It will take three things for us to get there: involvement, invitation, and investment.
- As individuals, we must be involved in ministry, invite the people God has put around us to come closer to Him, and invest our time and resources into the Kingdom.
- As a church, we are taking some big steps to do these three things. We are getting involved more on a local and global level with missions and social causes, creating more opportunities for OneLifers to invite people to church and a relationship with God, and investing a lot of time and money into ministries and missions causes all around the world.
- Afterwards, the party continued with cake and coffee in the lobby. It was great to connect with some new folks!
- The next five weeks will be huge for OneLife as we go through the entire New Testament as a church.
- Don’t miss the start of New Thru 30 next Sunday!!!
© 2010 OneLife Church Blog. Powered by Wordpress.