Yesterday I wrote about the first two core values that drive everything at OneLife. Today we look at the last two.
3. We Keep it Real.
Too many lives are ruined by people who never get real. Life is too painful and eternity is too serious for us to allow this in the church. For this reason, we will do everything in our power to prevent people from falling through the cracks by “playing church.” We’ll do this by:
- Understanding our culture. We’ll teach for life-change, have worship that is relevant, and environments that are contagious rather than judgmental.
- Dealing with sin. An aspect of church leadership that isn’t so fun is church discipline. The Bible is very clear that one of the main functions of the church is to hold believers accountable.
- Growing smaller as we grow larger. Truly caring for each other happens when we engage in life together in small groups; either in volunteer teams or home groups.
4. We are laser focused and fiercely intentional.
Simplicity is our mojo. This allows us to do fewer things very well, increasing our ability to connect with those who are far from God. We focus on doing a few things really well – those things that we believe can make the most impact. With this focus we can:
- Give our best to God in everything that we do.
- Adjust quickly, making changes that need to be made as we reach more and more people for Jesus.
- Care for our partners, allowing for rest rather than stress!
These four values are what filters everything we do. Nothing more and nothing less!